Raise your hand if you are one of those type A personalities that has Mother’s Day gifts all figured out well before the actual holiday!! NOT US!! The three of us and our families are totally last minute when it comes to this holiday (and in most cases – all holiday gifting). With Mother’s Day just a few days away, we started thinking what our ideal gifts would be and what we were thinking about getting for Mommy Vaid. Each of us came up with our top 3 budget gifts and 1 splurge (just in case that’s an option). Hey hubbies – hope you guys are reading this list because we sure know you haven’t helped the kids purchase gifts for their moms yet!
- ONE weekend in her own home with no kids and no husband just to unplug and chill. When the boys were younger, her in-laws would always take the boys to their home for a few days at a time, especially if Samir was traveling. She remembers how nice that was and hasn’t had that quiet time since they started school. She would SO appreciate that moment again. (Mommy and Daddy Dedhia – hope you are reading :))
- ONE DAY (just one day) of no fighting between her boys. Some of you may think this is a small ask – but she swears – she can’t remember the last time they all got along and she didn’t have to referee them. Those moms with multiple kids (especially boys) must understand where this gift request is coming from.
- Apple Airpods – Sheena also loves her actual present to open and would love a pair of the new Airpods along with a box of chocolate covered strawberries and a card hand written by her boys waiting for her in the morning.
- Hire her dream interior designer to design and furnish her entire home and have everything done ASAP. Dream big or go home?!?! Isn’t that the saying? Recently having moved into a new home and experiencing how crazy expensive it is to furnish, maintain and build out – she would ideally love to have this taken care of.
- Framed hand prints of her girls – Nina is totally sentimental when it comes to gifts for her. She loves anything the kids make her that she can add to her home. She has pictures and their pieces of art all around the home which she loves adding to over the years.
- Plant a tree/flowers in her yard – something she can watch grow over time – Nina has always had this on her wish list but it just hasn’t worked out just yet. After recently moving into her forever home, she feels like this is the perfect time to create something beautiful with her family that she will cherish for years to come.
- Breakfast in bed – preferably prepared by her three little sous chefs – Nina is more about an experience and the thought that goes behind this. She prefers creating a memory through spending time together rather than getting things.
- A planned event at a local Vineyard (with the kids) and Daddy drives home 🙂 Nina is a total wine nerd. Her ideal day out would be just this, wine, the kids entertained and a designated driver! A fun day like this planned for her, her family and friends would be her ideal gift.
- Picture Storage Boxes: we grew up with similar tin boxes that our mom used to save all of our pictures in. Now that most of our pics are online, the few that we get printed from school or parties need a home and Dipti would love to store them like her mom did.
- Collage Desk Frame: as a newly working momma, nothing makes Dipti feel better than seeing her babies’ faces all day on her desk. These frames are perfectly petite and fit enough pictures to keep her smiling.
- A Good Night’s Sleep: every new mom can relate. Although Kallan is almost 2, it’s been a while since Dipti has had a good night’s sleep. Fall asleep at 10 and wake up at 10 with the help of some blackout curtains and white noise…. oh the dream!
- Photoshoot with our favorite photographer: Dipti‘s favorite thing to do is a photoshoot! And she particularly loves the ones with her favorite photographer Ed Zorz. Since the 4 of them haven’t had a photoshoot in forever, this would be the perfect splurge!
For Mommy Vaid:
A weekend spa getaway with her girlfriends – Sheena feels like for as long as she has been able to remember, Mommy Vaid just doesn’t make time for herself. She is always about us girls, grandkids, Daddy Vaid, family, friends and Nina Jewelers! The only time she ever takes time to travel is if it is for a wedding, India (where there is always an agenda) or family commitments. Sheena would love to see her get away with her girlfriends for a couple of days and just check out of life and relax!
Louis Vuitton Shawl – Mommy Vaid is the LAST person on the earth to buy herself something nice. She will gladly buy it for us girls in a heartbeat without even thinking twice, but when it is for herself, she will think 1000 times and end up not pulling the trigger because she thinks it’s too much. Nina thought this would be a great addition to her wardrobe and something that is timeless that will last her for years.
Renovate her house – We’ve been trying to do this for years and it still hasn’t happened. Mommy Vaid so badly wants a new kitchen and bathroom but there is always something going on in the “next 3 months” that makes it impossible for us to plan the reno. It’s usually “after the kids are older” or “after I get back from India” or “after these guests leave.” We’ve gotten so far in planning but execution has been nearly impossible! Maybe we’ll just wait till she goes to India next and break into the house and reno the whole thing! She’d probably kill us but hey, it’s the thought that counts!
Hope all your mommies out there have an amazing Mother’s Day and spend it with those you love. We are so blessed to have so many incredible women in our lives that we call Mom. They nurture us, bless us and are always there for us when we need them. They go above and beyond for all three of us without favoring any of us three (for the most part, lol). We hope you gals have that in your lives as well.